Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In Memory of Cousin Monica...

I have had the privilege this summer of spending time with my cousin Monica. It has been a blast getting to know her better and just having a good time together. I wanted to post some pictures that we have taken together this summer just for fun.This was during our visit to the King Abdullah Mosque in Amman. Monica had to put on a cloak with the rest of the girls that made her look like a character from Harry Potter...
Standing in front of the Great Pyramid of Khufu.
Standing on a wall overlooking the Shepherd's Fields. We were in the same bus group for the whole time this summer and so we were always together when we took field trips.Caesarea Maritama on the Mediterranean Sea.
Overlooking Wadi Rum at Petra.
Us at Petra.I think the heat at Jerash in Jordan got to our heads a bit when we took this picture...
After finding the rake, Monica had the brilliant idea to do the classic "farmer" pose. If only I had worn overalls that day.
Me and Monica's reenactment of the Battle of Armageddon at Tel Meggido in the Jezreel Valley.The two of us posing on top of Gamla in the Golan Heights.
Nimrod's Castle, Golan Heights.
Lastly, me and Monica with Karyn (yes Mom, the girl you sang in Singers with), Raven, Aubrey, Rachel, and Emily outside the Garden Tomb.
I have loved spending time with Monica. I taught a Missionary Preparation class after church on Sabbath and she came every week and shared wonderful thoughts from her mission with the people in the class. I have seen her befriend so many people here and she is like a big sister to most of the girls in our group. As for guys, she is way out of league for all those "young boys". Since she has graduated and is going on to bigger and better things, I realize that this is probably the last chance I would've had to get to know her. It has been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment