"As long as deep in the heart,
The soul of a Jew yearns,
And forward to the East
To Zion, an eye looks
Our hope will not be lost,
The hope of two thousand years,
To be a free nation in our land,
The land of Zion and Jerusalem."
The soul of a Jew yearns,
And forward to the East
To Zion, an eye looks
Our hope will not be lost,
The hope of two thousand years,
To be a free nation in our land,
The land of Zion and Jerusalem."
I was reminded of another exhibit in which I saw German soldiers cutting off a Jewish man's beard and another where a Rabbi, with his prayer shoal put at an awkward angle and his phalacteries cut open, was forced to stand above dozens of Jews laying face down on the ground and recite their prayer of dedication, the prayer they recite at funerals. I pictured those people I had walked among before the Western Wall, who I had felt such a strong connection with as I had listened to their prayers. It was so hard for me to picture them or any good person like that, be humiliated in such a terrible way, to be treated like vermin. In fact, they killed them like vermin in the end, using rat poison to make the gas in the gas chambers where so many Jews were exterminated. No child of our Heavenly Father should ever be treated in such a demeaning way. It just rips my heart in two to think that someone fell to that level to do such a terrible thing to a fellow human being. Yet God loves them all and sent His son to die for them so that all those wrongs could be made right, so all could feel that love.
My last thought I would like to share deals with the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. As our tour guide told us about how the Jews were rounded up and forced to move to small Ghettos, cut off from society and treated like second-class citizens, all I could think about were the Palestinians. The Israelis are being so hypocritial!!!!!!!!! Palestinians are not given Israeli passports, they are cut off from society in small cities surrounded by check points. Families are often not allowed to gather for weddings or funerals because of travel restraints. All the Palestinian houses have 3 to 4 large water tanks on their roof because water is often cut off from their neighborhoods (you don't see that in the Jewish neighborhoods). On top of this all, they are being blocked in by a huge separation wall, to keep them contained. The Jews are doing the very same things to the Palestinians that the Nazi's did to the Jews. I am not advocating only the Palestinian side, because I don't agree with bus bombings or rocket attacks and such terrorist acts. I am just so surprised by this unjust world and I pray for the hastening of the day when Christ will come and all things of this nature will be made right. The Jews nor the Muslims believe in Him. But He nonetheless loves them
. I have had that impressed upon my thoughts multiple times since coming here. He loves them even though they turn their back on Him. That one experience of listening to that Jewish childrens choir and the voice I heard in my head, "They are my people and I love them. They are my people and I love them," told me much about the love of our Savior. My prayer is that someday the Jews will come to realize that. In the mean time, He won't punish them, but He will just wait patiently and lovingly for the right time, weeping when they weep, rejoicing when they rejoice. I love my Savior.
My last thought I would like to share deals with the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. As our tour guide told us about how the Jews were rounded up and forced to move to small Ghettos, cut off from society and treated like second-class citizens, all I could think about were the Palestinians. The Israelis are being so hypocritial!!!!!!!!! Palestinians are not given Israeli passports, they are cut off from society in small cities surrounded by check points. Families are often not allowed to gather for weddings or funerals because of travel restraints. All the Palestinian houses have 3 to 4 large water tanks on their roof because water is often cut off from their neighborhoods (you don't see that in the Jewish neighborhoods). On top of this all, they are being blocked in by a huge separation wall, to keep them contained. The Jews are doing the very same things to the Palestinians that the Nazi's did to the Jews. I am not advocating only the Palestinian side, because I don't agree with bus bombings or rocket attacks and such terrorist acts. I am just so surprised by this unjust world and I pray for the hastening of the day when Christ will come and all things of this nature will be made right. The Jews nor the Muslims believe in Him. But He nonetheless loves them
Was this the place where they had all those lights at the end with pictures of the children holocaust victims? I'm pretty sure I cried there.
ReplyDelete